Moth Wings is done! I’m not sure whether I’m glad or sorry that it’s finished – I did enjoy working on it. I suspect that more Malabrigo Lace just might be on my list of yarns to revisit. Final stats: approx 200 grams of yarn, just small amounts left of the 2 skeins; approx size 12 x 90 inches. I wimped out on using blocking wires, which would probably change the final measurements.
What I would change: I would probably get another skein and make it at least 1 repeat wider, if not 2. I will write the instructions for it, and calculate for a wider version. Will I make another one? Probably not – much as I enjoyed it, life’s too short to knit it more than once 😉 I still haven’t gotten a truly satisfactory photo, but here’s the best I have so far:
Besides this, I got about 3 deadline things out of my life in the last few days (whew!) – there are always more, but none is terribly pressing right now, which is a relief.
When I was outside, looking for a suitable place to take pictures, I found a few more things in bloom. The mock orange just has a few blossoms open now, but should have lots more soon. It has such a lovely scent!
According to the Peterson Field Guide to Wildflowers, blue-eyed grasses are members of the iris family, which surprised me, as it’s hard to see any resemblance between them, except possibly the leaf shape!